NCPC was invited by the City Government of Bayawan, Negros Oriental to present the people’s council concept of Naga City and how it interlink with the governance structure and operations of the city.
Mr. Ramiro I. Samar and Mr. Johann Dada de la ROsa, chairperson and program director of NCPC, respectively, responded to the invitation and traveled to Bayawan. A city that is 101 kilometers away from the Dumaguete Airport.
the activity is entitled “Capability-Building initiative for the members of the Multi-Sector Governance Coalition (MSGC); Bayawanihan People’s Council and other partners and stakeholders in governance” and is part of the Bayawanihan Summit (Green Convergence) last September 30, 2013 until October 3, 2013 last IBC Function Hall, Bayawan City.
the objectives of the summit are:
- To provide a holistic perspective on integral sustainable development specifically along health & wellness, agriculture, environment and governance. This will become basis in the formulation of a community development agenda;
- To assess Bayawan’s present realities and to set directions for co-creating and co-evolving;
- To come-up with viable mechanisms and direction to support Bayawan’s vision for sustainable development.
the Activity hope to attain the following outputs:
- Organize the Bayawanihan People’s Council
- Formulate Community Development Agenda
- Formulate and sign Manifesto for Greener Bayawan